Wednesday, March 12, 2014

BLOOD SUSPECT

BLOOD SUSPECT


LIGHTS UP

DR. FILTH is sitting in a car. OFFICER approaches.

OFFICER
Good evening, how are you doing?

DR. FILTH
I’m doing fine, officer.

OFFICER
License and registration please.

DR. FILTH hands over the cards.

OFFICER
Thank you, do you know why I pulled you over?

DR. FILTH
You got me.

OFFICER
Got you?

DR. FILTH
Is this about the body?

OFFICER
Body?

DR. FILTH
The body in the trunk.

OFFICER
You have a body in the trunk?

DR. FILTH
To dump it with the others.

OFFICER
There are more?

DR. FILTH
A few.

OFFICER
A few?

DR. FILTH
Several.

OFFICER
How many is that?

DR. FILTH
No more than ten.

OFFICER
Ten?!

DR. FILTH
At this spot. I don't remember how many at the other places. I'm caught though, I'll show you all of them.

OFFICER
Step out of the car!

DR. FILTH exits car. OFFICER handcuffs him, takes him off-stage reading his rights.

Enter SERGEANT and DR. FILTH led by OFFICER.

SERGEANT
That will be all, officer.

OFFICER
Yes sir.

OFFICER exits.

SERGEANT
Todd Filth?

DR. FILTH
Dr. Filth, sir. The superhero.

SERGEANT
Never heard of you. This is your vehicle?

DR. FILTH
Yes sir.

SERGEANT
The officer told me some disturbing things.

DR. FILTH
Yes, I know, I'm guilty. I did it knowingly and without remorse. I throw myself on your mercy.

SERGEANT
I understand you confessed to the officer as well. However, we're going to need more evidence.

DR. FILTH
Isn't an officer's word enough? What more can we say? He caught me. Do with me what you will.

SERGEANT
I suppose I'll need you to take me to some of the other crime scenes.

DR. FILTH
Is that normal procedure? I don't think I do it more than anyone else.

SERGEANT
Where I come from, once is far too many times, my friend.

DR. FILTH
I suppose the law is the law. For starters, I must have done it on this road hundreds of times.

SERGEANT
Hundreds?!

DR. FILTH
Maybe thousands, I've been driving this road for years. You can't give me tickets for previous offenses, can you?

SERGEANT
Officer! Could you come in here please?

OFFICER
(enters)
Yes, Sir?

SERGEANT
(whispers) Did you see the body? Are we sure this person is dead?

OFFICER
No sir, I was waiting for you to arrive. The suspect says this is one of many.

SERGEANT
Well, the captain is on his way here, so let's make sure we're not leaving a living person suffering in that trunk. Open it up.

OFFICER
Yes sir.

OFFICER opens trunk.

SERGEANT
That looks more like a spare tire than a body.

OFFICER
Yes sir.

SERGEANT
The captain won't want to see a spare tire.

OFFICER
Maybe it's under the tire. (looks) I don't see anything.

SERGEANT
The captain will want to know why we are out here this late at night in the cold, looking at a spare tire.

OFFICER
The suspect told me he had a body, sir.

SERGEANT
I'm positive I can tell the difference between a spare tire and a body.

OFFICER
Yes sir.

SERGEANT
And what did you pull over the suspect for in the first place?

OFFICER
Speeding, Sir.

SERGEANT
Speeding?

OFFICER
Speeding.

SERGEANT
And the suspect claimed to be a murderer?

OFFICER
Yes, Sir, he said he had a body in the trunk.

SERGEANT
But there is only a spare tire in the trunk.

OFFICER
Yes, Sir. And nothing underneath the spare tire.

SERGEANT
And you called me down here in the middle of the night.

OFFICER
Yes, Sir.

SERGEANT
And I called the Captain.

OFFICER
That’s what you told me, Sir.

SERGEANT
Officer, we need a body.

OFFICER
Do you want me to shoot him, Sir?

SERGEANT
I don’t think we have any other choice.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment