Friday, July 18, 2014

Man-In-Sea



Scene 4

MARION
Everything will be okay, Ed.
   
ED
I know. I know.

MARION
Will there be enough air?

ED
There should be plenty if the Tringa stays at full steam.

LINK
She pulled away from me, looked at the ground. She was thinking I did this.

MARION
What are you talking about?

ED
I did this to him. It’s all my fault.

MARION
Don't tell yourself that. Nobody thinks that.

ED
I shouldn’t have let him go.

MARION
You could have done a million things differently. You didn’t know...

ED
This is why my father didn’t want me to fly.

MARION
You knew what you were doing, and so did Clayton. Your father learned to accept it.

ED
Maybe he should have tried a little harder to stop me!

MARION
You think we wouldn't be here now if he did?

LINK
I didn’t know what I think. I couldn’t look at her.

ED
Look, why don't we go topside, see if this ship is any closer. Go ahead, I'll be up in a minute.

LINK
She needed fresh air. In my head I saw a posh office with Burgundy leather furniture dominated by Dad’s mahogany desk. He had shelves of books around the room. My brother, Theron used to say the pages were all blank, but neither of us dared open them and see. We knew if Dad called us to the piano factory after school, we were in trouble.



Man-In-Sea



Cast of Characters:

LINK
An inventor. Also, Ed’s father.

ED
As Link remembers himself himself.

MARION
Ed’s wife.

CLAY
Ed and Marion’s second son.

Scene 5

No comments:

Post a Comment