Friday, January 27, 2017

Jack the Ripper Doesn't Exist



Scene 9



KELLY: You would have prevented everything.

ABBERLINE: I could be enjoying lunch with my wife right now.

KELLY: Tell me about this ‘Double Event.'

ABBERLINE: Shouldn’t I be interrogating you?

KELLY: Indulge me. You’ll be home faster.

ABBERLINE: Official assumption is that the attack on Elizabeth Stride was interrupted and the Ripper went on to kill Katherine Eddowes in Mitre Square less than an hour later.

KELLY: Jack the Ripper killed Long Liz.
ABBERLINE: I thought you couldn’t remember the names.

KELLY:
I remember Long Liz. Everyone knew Long Liz down that way. Real sad when she got cut up.

ABBERLINE: At least we agree on one thing.
KELLY: So you think he was interrupted? That’s why Kate got killed?
ABBERLINE: That’s what the newspapers say.
KELLY: Do you think it’s true?
ABBERLINE: I don’t care. I’m a clockmaker now.
KELLY: You knew what I did, Inspector. How could you not have realized it?
Continued Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment