Monday, July 13, 2015

Man-In-Sea



LINK
She had me in her sights.

ED
You’re right. If anything I’m happy to get my mind off this Man-in-Sea mess. If it wasn’t for that damned Cousteau. I mean come on! An underwater house? From what he’s telling me, he doesn’t plan to send his men down more than fifty feet! What’s that going to prove? Our people will be the ones working at substantial depths...

MARION
Read this.

ED
What is it?

MARION
It’s a contract. My publisher wants me to do another book.

ED
That’s wonderful!

MARION
I told them about Man-in-Sea a few months back, before Cousteau announced his project. They think his underwater house is nothing but a publicity stunt, and want me to tell the exclusive story on Man-In-Sea.

ED
Why didn’t you tell me?

MARION
I wanted it to be a surprise. But, first you have to give me a story worth writing about. This mess is finally winding down. Most of the officers seem to have gotten tired with it. I doubt they’ll bother us much longer, and it’s only a matter of time before your appeal goes through and the conviction is overturned. I’m not going to have you stomping around here yelling at everyone on the ship any more. Do you hear me?

ED
Yeah, yeah, I’m sorry.

MARION
I’m not the one you should be apologizing to. Now go find Clayton.

ED
Yes, dear.



MAN-IN-SEA

Cast of Characters:

LINK
An inventor. Also, Ed’s father.

ED
As Link remembers himself.

MARION
Ed’s wife.

CLAY


Ed and Marion’s second son.

No comments:

Post a Comment