Monday, November 2, 2015

Mother of Blue Stars



Episode 2

RAYMOND: Because it might get mixed-up with six o’clock in the morning, which is o-six-hundred.  Do ya understand?  In war time when you’re moving men and machines, you gotta keep your times straight.  It’s IMPORTANT.

MARY: Don’t tell me what’s important.  I know what’s important.

RAYMOND: Is Pop home?

MARY: No, not yet.

RAYMOND: Did he get paid today?

MARY: Yes, thank God.

RAYMOND: We know what that means.  Do you want me to go find him?

MARY: Give him a chance to get home.  Besides, how will you track him down?

RAYMOND: He’s in one of two places: the Copper Penny or Nick’s.

MARY: He knows about our special supper.  I’m sure he’ll come home for that.

RAYMOND: You know how he is.  A few beers and he losses track of time, and he forgets.

MARY: Give him a few more minutes, at least until 5:30.  I’d hate for you to go out.  It’s too cold.

RAYMOND: I’m wearing my new socks!

[ELEANOR enters]

ELEANOR: Hello, Raymond.

RAYMOND: Hiya, Sis.

ELEANOR: Ma, do I have to get dressed up for tonight?

RAYMOND: Are you kidding?

MARY: Wear something nice.

ELEANOR: Church clothes?

RAYMOND: NO!

MARY: Wear the outfit you wore on the first day of school.

ELEANOR: Okay.  Raymond, can I ask you a question?  What did the Sergeant look like?

RAYMOND: Like a Sergeant in the United States Marine Corps!

ELEANOR: I mean, was he handsome?

RAYMOND: How should I know?

ELEANOR: Well, was he tall?

RAYMOND:As I recall, he was short and stocky, like a fire hydrant.

ELEANOR: What color was his hair?

RAYMOND: Black and shiny.

ELEANOR: And how were his teeth?

RAYMOND: Whaddaya mean how were his teeth?

ELEANOR: Were they straight and white?

RAYMOND: No.  In fact, he had a gold tooth, right here. [RAYMOND points to his right front tooth]

ELEANOR: Oh. Does he have a girl back home?

Continued tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment