Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April 20th, Episode 7


By James Gonda

Persons of the drama:

Sarah
Terry
Dwayne
Episode 7

TERRY
Our Commandant said we were . . . oh, crap again, Dwayne, what’s that word?

DWAYNE
Intuitive.

TERRY
Right.  See, usually we spot Jewish conspiracies right off.

DWAYNE
We were born with it.

SARAH
Really?  There’s a medical term for that condition: congentital.

TERRY
Congentital . . . that’s a new word for me.  Hold on.  [From his back pocket, TERRY pulls out a pocket dictionary and quickly looks up congentital]

DWAYNE
            [To SARAH while TERRY looks in dictionary]
Terry is expanding his vocabulary.

TERRY
            [Reading with some effort]
Congentital.  Adjective.  Existing at or dating from birth, used to classify a physical and/or mental defect.  [BEAT as TERRY and DWAYNE look at one another, puzzled]

SARAH
Hey, I got a fabulous idea!  I’ll come to your party!  By Saturday night, the Sabbath will be over and I’ll be free for some fun.  And to keep with Nazi protocol, I’ll wear a red dress with a wide black belt.

DWAYNE
You can’t do that!

SARAH
            [Pondering as she gazes at her fingernails]
And maybe I’ll do my nails in red and black.  [To TERRY]  What do you think?

TERRY
For one thing, you gotta wear a uniform—


No comments:

Post a Comment