Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 20th, Episode 8



Persons of the drama:

Sarah
Terry
Dwayne

Episode 8

DWAYNE
Stop it, both of you!  [To TERRY] Are you crazy?  She can’t come.  We can’t have a Jew at a party for Hitler.  They’ll kill us.

SARAH
What’s stopping me?  I know where the party is and I’d love to hear your guest speaker.  And I really doubt they’ll kill you, Dwayne.

DWAYNE
They’re Nazis!

SARAH
I’ll bring a dish to pass.

TERRY
Look, Sarah, you’re a very nice girl, see, but you can’t come.  That’d be wicked bad.

DWAYNE
Yes, thank you!

SARAH
            [To DWAYNE]
I think you’re over-reacting.  Can I bring some friends?

DWAYNE
Ya don’t understand.  This happened before.  [To TERRY]  Remember?

TERRY
            [A thoughtful BEAT, then shaking his head no]
No.

DWAYNE
Remember when Lonnie Drake brought that girl to a rally, the Catholic? Things got ugly.

TERRY
[Remembering]
Oh, yeah.  She was ugly.

DWAYNE
No, dumb-ass, things got ugly for him.  Dammit, Terry, your memory is crap.  The High Council said he violated the sanctity of the Party and gave him the boot.  [To SARAH]  This is why you can’t come.  We’d be thrown out like garbage.  

SARAH
Oh, I see.  Interesting.  [BEAT]  So what time should I get there?  I don’t wanna be too early.

DWAYNE
There is NO WAY you’re coming so forget it!

TERRY
We’re kinda like a family, see?  You wouldn’t fit in.

DWAYNE
Just get our stuff and we’ll be on our way.

SARAH
I know!  I’ll make a surprise entrance!  That should stir things up.

DWAYNE
Nazis don’t like surprises!  Do you hear me?! [DWAYNE loses his temper and looks for something to punch.  Finding nothing, he punches his fist into his palm]  OUCH!  Crap that hurts.

TERRY
Calm down, Dwayne.  You’re acting congenital.

DWAYNE
What? [To SARAH] How can I make this clear?  You.  Are.  NOT.  Welcome.

SARAH
Not welcome?  I’ll pretend my feelings aren’t hurt.  And here’s what I’ll do: if you take your list and leave, and promise NEVER to return, I’ll forget your birthday bash and disappear from your lives. 

DWAYNE
Work’s for me! [DWAYNE grabs the list from SARAH and hands it to TERRY]  Here!  

SARAH
You boys have a nice day.  Shalom.

TERRY
What?

SARAH
SHALOM.  Peace.

TERRY
            [Reaching for his dictionary]
Howdaya spell—

DWAYNE
            [Interrupting]
Let’s go, Terry.  This is bull crap.


DWAYNE clutches TERRY’S arm and together they exit. Sarah watches the two men leave, grins mischievously, then goes back to merchandizing.

THE END

FADE TO BLACK

No comments:

Post a Comment