Monday, June 1, 2015

Man-In-Sea



LINK
Day after day, it dragged on. There were times I really thought I would be thrown in prison for doing exactly what the Greeks asked us to do there. Even more heavy on my mind were the upcoming projects in France and Italy I was planning. I'd just started working with Cousteau and I thought for sure the negative press would kill the partnership. Kind of funny to think it was my successes, not my failures that drove off Cousteau.

MARION
Ed, what are you still doing up? Get some rest!

ED
Let’s just go. I’m sick of this. I’ve had enough, let’s just leave for Italy right now.

MARION
We’re not leaving.

ED
Why? What’s stopping us? John the Greek is the only native left on board, and he’s already signed on to come with us.

MARION
Picking up anchor  in the middle of the night and racing for International waters won’t help convince them of your innocence.

ED
You’re right, I’m sure the Navy is looking for any chance they can to blow us out of the water.

MARION
So go get some sleep, I want to be at Papadimitrio’s office first thing in the morning and see if he’s made any headway.

ED
Optimist. Fine, fine, I’m going, don’t push!



MAN-IN-SEA

Cast of Characters:

LINK
An inventor. Also, Ed’s father.

ED
As Link remembers himself.

MARION
Ed’s wife.

CLAY
Ed and Marion’s second son.

No comments:

Post a Comment