Monday, January 30, 2017

Jack the Ripper Doesn't Exist



Scene 10



ABBERLINE: Is this your idea of a joke? You were fading in my mind by the time your wife was buried. Why would I think of you five years later?

Kelly laughs.

ABBERLINE (cont): What’s so funny?

KELLY: All that runnin’! All that time I thought you was hot on my tail! You were so stupid!

ABBERLINE: I’m not too feeble to put your head through a wall!

KELLY: You didn’t know! You let it happen! You was so stupid! You let it happen!

Abberline grabs Kelly by the front of his jacket and shakes him furiously.

ABBERLINE: Shut up! Shut up!

KELLY: All that blood is on your hands!

Alice enters.

ABBERLINE: Shut up!

Alice pounds Abberline’s back.
ALICE: Leave him alone!
Abberline releases and backs away.
ABBERLINE: I don’t know what came over me.
ALICE: You must be real strong to beat a man that’s tied to a chair! Is this how you do your police work?

Alice inspects Kelly

ALICE: Are you all right, Jimmy? Did he hurt you?

KELLY: Where’s the guards?

ABBERLINE: He’ll watch his mouth if he wants to remain in one piece.

Alice turns on Abberline.

ALICE: This one ain’t done nothing to you! I ain’t letting you hurt him.

KELLY: He came here to kill me, Alice!

ABBERLINE: I’m afraid I don’t have sympathy for a man that ripped his wife to pieces!

Continued tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment