Monday, February 22, 2010


Scene 11

Set: The Laboratory of Dr. Dendrobates.

BEATRICE is sitting at the desk typing a letter. DR. DENDROBATES enters.

DR. DENDROBATESJustify FullGood morning Beatrice. I’m terribly sorry about last night. I’ve spent a lot of time working with that specimen.

BEATRICE
Oh, of course, Doctor. I completely understand.

DR. DENDROBATES
I checked everything out last night, and it was fine. He probably didn’t even notice you were there.

BEATRICE

I’m glad, to hear that Doctor.

DR. DENDROBATES
That slimy little baseball is so doped up, he probably doesn’t even know he’s a frog any more.

BEATRICE

How long have you been running this experiment, Doctor?

DR. DENDROBATES
Five? Six years? I don’t even remember any more.

BEATRICE
He’s been on Crynox all this time?

DR. DENDROBATES
I don’t remember what I had him on before. The Crynox was just the last couple years, since I started this study.

BEATRICE

What are you trying to get from him?

DR. DENDROBATES
For the last five years, I’ve done everything in my power to provide for his every need. That frog has not lived a better life. In nature, he would have been consumed long ago.

BEATRICE
What’s the point?

DR. DENDROBATES
He’s just a few DNA molecules floating in a mucky puddle of slime.

BEATRICE
Doctor, are you feeling okay? Would you like me to get you something to drink.

DR. DENDROBATES
This experiment is worthless, Beatrice. We might as well throw it all away.

DR. DENDROBATES exits.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment