Sunday, February 21, 2010


Scene 10

Set: Beatrice’s Living Room.

BEATRICE is sitting on the couch talking on her cell phone.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE hangs up her cell phone. There is a knock on the door.

BEATRICE
Come in!

JANESSA enters.

JANESSA
You ready to go?

BEATRICE
Just about. Come on in.

BEATRICE dresses to leave.

BEATRICE

Oh my god, so I told Dr. Dendrobates we saw that thing today, and he freaked!

JANESSA

Did he fire you?

BEATRICE
No, he starts running around, asking if I touched it. He checked charts and was getting out needles and stuff. It looked like he was about to operate. Then he shut himself in that little room and didn’t come out the rest of the day, even to say goodbye.

JANESSA
Did you grab any of those happy pills?

BEATRICE
Jeez, I was freaked. I thought he'd come flying out of there with knife.

JANESSA
Did you tell anyone?

BEATRICE

I thought about flagging down a cop, but my driver’s license is expired, so I didn’t want to take any chances. I just hope he isn’t too pissed at me tomorrow when I get in there.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment