Wednesday, February 17, 2010



Scene 6

Set: The Laboratory of Dr. Dendrobates.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE enters.

BEATRICE
Dr. Dendrobates! I’m here!

BEATRICE looks around the lab.

BEATRICE (cont)
Where are you Doctor?

DR. DENDROBATES enters, looking flustered.

DR. DENDROBATES
Beatrice! I didn’t hear you come in.

BEATRICE
Were you asleep? All the lights were off.

DR. DENDROBATES
I was watching the news.

BEATRICE
You sure you’re all right?

DR. DENDROBATES pours himself a cup of coffee.

DR. DENDROBATES
Did you drop the report off at the state office building yesterday?

BEATRICE
Oh, yes sir. I had a little trouble finding the office, but someone was kind enough to show me the way.

DR. DENDROBATES
Yeah, they tuck it away down there, don’t they? They don’t want you to get that money. Lousy stinking bureaucrats. Did you ever notice that even their name is bureaucratic? No one in their right mind could spell it, but if you forget a letter, they’ll send the form back lickety spit!

BEATRICE
Don’t worry, Doctor, I got it there all right.

DR. DENDROBATES
Very good. I left a cassette on your desk that needs to be transcribed and sent up to Albany. I’m going over to the library, could you leave something out for me to eat?

BEATRICE
Not a problem, Doctor.

DR. DENDROBATES exits. BEATRICE looks through the open door where Dr. Frog entered. She gasps and backs away.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment