Sunday, March 21, 2010


Scene 10

Set: The Office of Dr. Dendrobates.

DR. DENDROBATES
is standing at his desk looking at the front door.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE enters.

BEATRICE
Oh, Dr. Dendrobates! I didn’t know you were here?

DR. DENDROBATES
Seemed like a good time to come over, didn’t it?

BEATRICE
No, no, I’d forgotten to give Specimen 3374 his dosage for the day. I came back to make sure it got done in time.

DR. DENDROBATES
I’m missing a bottle of Cryonex.

BEATRICE
Are you sure it’s gone?

DR. DENDROBATES
It was there at the weekend inventory, but I misplaced a journal entry Sunday morning, and I can’t remember if I opened a new bottle. Did you happen to count them?

BEATRICE
Uh, no, Doctor. I’m sorry, I didn’t get a chance to stop by. I was working on a paper for class.

DR. DENDROBATES
All right, no problem. I probably just erased something I shouldn’t have. That’s why the last guy quit, he got so sick and tired of me fouling up those reports.

BEATRICE
It’s okay, Doctor, I understand.

DR. DENDROBATES
These pills have almost no effect at low levels, I don’t think a person could possibly hurt themselves with the samples I’ve been provided with. Damn things are probably just placebos.

BEATRICE
You don’t think they’re real?

DR. DENDROBATES

Maybe I’ll find out in a couple years.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment