Saturday, March 20, 2010



Scene 9

Set: Beatrice’s living room.

BEATRICE and JANESSA are sitting on the couch.

LIGHTS UP

JANESSA
Gimme!

BEATRICE takes a bottle of pills out of her back pocket and hands it to Janessa.

JANESSA
No way! The government sent you this much?

BEATRICE
Dr. Dendrobates won’t ever even notice that’s gone.

JANESSA

How many should I eat? Like five? Six? Should I just eat the whole bottle?

BEATRICE

I give the frogs a fraction of the pill.

JANESSA dumps a handful into her palm and tosses them in her mouth.

JANESSA

Sweet.

BEATRICE

I thought he was going to fire me, this morning. He’s awake when I get there, and he’s going on about how beautiful life was. I didn’t think he would ever shut his yap.

JANESSA
Maybe he likes you.

BEATRICE
Whatever. Gross.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment