Friday, March 19, 2010


Scene 8

Set: The Office of Dr. Dendrobates.

DR. DENDROBATES is standing over the desk. BEATRICE enters.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE
Dr. Dendrobates! I didn’t realize you’d be up this early.

DR. DENDROBATES
This was the first day in the projected time-frame. I wanted to be up early enough to enjoy some of it.

BEATRICE
Are you heading out early for coffee?

DR. DENDROBATES
I thought about it. Maybe beat the boys there, but no, I decided to enjoy the room. They’ve waited this long for me to be on time. They can wait one more day.

BEATRICE
Would you like me to come back later, Doctor?

DR. DENDROBATES
No, it’s fine. You can stay. It’s very rare I get to be awake when you get here.

BEATRICE
Are we going to be working together all day, Doctor?

DR. DENDROBATES
I’ll probably head out to the cafĂ© in a little bit

BEATRICE
Are you feeling all right, Doctor.

DR.
DENDROBATES
Oh, yes, very much so.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment