Thursday, March 18, 2010


Scene 7

Set: Beatrice’s living room

BEATRICE and JANESSA are sitting on the couch, facing each other.

LIGHTS UP

JANESSA
I can't believe you went to work for that old pervert again! You’ve got to be nuts!

BEATRICE
He's not so bad.

JANESSA
Not so bad?! You're going to end up in a freezer, hands and feet cut off, and all your organs removed for sale in some black market!

BEATRICE
He's just a funny old man, he isn't going to hurt anyone.

JANESSA
Think he'd notice if you took some of those happy pills?

BEATRICE takes a pill bottle out of her purse.

BEATRICE
I took these before I quit.

JANESSA
If he hired you back, he couldn't have noticed.

BEATRICE
I haven't tried them yet. I'm too nervous.

JANESSA
Can I?

BEATRICE
I don't know...

JANESSA
Come on!

BEATRICE gives Janessa the bottle.

JANESSA
Can you get more?

BEATRICE
Probably. There has to be tons of them in the cabinet, and he leaves me the keys all the time.

JANESSA
We're gonna be rich!


LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment