Monday, March 15, 2010


Scene 4

Set: Beatrice's apartment.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE enters.

BEATRICE
Janessa? Are you here? You left the door open again!

DR. DENTROBATES enters from outside.

DR. DENTROBATES
Beatrice! You're finally home.

BEATRICE
(frightened)
What are you doing here, Doctor?

DR. DENTROBATES
I was coming home from the Post Office and realized how close you lived, so I thought I'd pay you a visit.

BEATRICE
I'm actually on my way out...

DR. DENTROBATES
Nonsense, this will just take a minute. My office is falling apart. No one kept order like you did, Beatrice. The employment agency has only sent unusable lumps. I need an assistant I can trust. Are you still looking for work?

BEATRICE
Well... I have a few things lined up... I don’t know...

DR. DENTROBATES
Whatever they’ll give you, I can give you more. I'll double whatever they offer.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment