Tuesday, March 16, 2010


Scene 5

Set: Beatrice’s Living Room.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE
enters, talking on her cell phone.

BEATRICE
He offered to double whatever I was offered... Yeah... Yeah... Well, I said no! I don’t want to go back and work there, that guy is nuts! Still, that is a lot of money... considering no one has offered me anything yet. I don’t know, Jan... It’s not like he ever did anything to me, you know... I mean no, I don’t want to go back there, but geesh! I’d be stupid not to. Look, I gotta go, all right? Give me a call when you get out of work, okay? All right, bye.

BEATRICE hangs up the phone. She puts it on the table and starts to clean up around the room. The phone rings. BEATRICE looks at the incoming number with disdain, then answers.

BEATRICE (cont)
Dr. Dendrobates? Hello? (pause) Are you all right, Doctor? Just hold on. Hold on, I’ll be right over.

BEATRICE hangs up the phone.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment