Wednesday, April 21, 2010


Scene 6

Set: Curtain closes.

BEATRICE enters.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE crosses the stage while talking on her cell phone.

BEATRICE
I've been thinking Jan, and I've just got to do it. I'm begging Dr. Dendrobates for my job back. The agency won't give me another position, and there are no other jobs in town, unless I want to work in a hospital. I didn't study 5 years of ethnobotany for that! Give me a break, I'll head over to my house now. I think I left the side door open. What? Hang on, there is another call. Oh! Jan, hang on, it's the temporary agency. Hello? Hello? Are you okay? Jan, you still there? Hey, I gotta go, someone was screaming on the other end. No, like pain screaming. Maybe there was a shooting. I'm going back to try and get on the news!

Exit BEATRICE.

LIGHTS DOWN


No comments:

Post a Comment