Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Two Winters Past



INT. GAS STATION.LATE AFTERNOON.

MOLAY is frying slices of Spam on the grill. VALENTINE is eating. MOLAY offers CHLOE ISIS a slice.

CHLOE ISIS takes it.

CHLOE ISIS: I didn’t eat meat. Not before.

VALENTINE: We’ve got no other food. You need to eat something.

CHLOE ISIS: I’I still try to avoid when I can. It’s less often than I’d like.

VALENTINE: The Lembeks were growing corn?

CHLOE ISIS: Yeah, corn, but they also had pigs, and pigs eat a lot of corn.

VALENTINE: I can’t believe they had those fields. How did they do that with no tractors?

CHLOE ISIS: Shit, they probably had the old plows still in the barns. Country people don’t throw shit away. Harness it to a horse or a cow and whip the shit out of it. Lembeks ain’t that big a loss to the world either.

MOLAY: I think I saw a few packages of salted nuts over in the store.

CHLOE ISIS stares at the ground with her arms crossed.

CHLOE ISIS: That’s worth a look.

CHLOE ISIS exits without looking at either.

MOLAY: You met Chloe only yesterday?

VALENTINE: This guy named Popper found me out in the woods, and then those Cooleys came trying to kill him. They were driving those cannibals into the farm house.

MOLAY: My friend says he witnessed the same thing, but no one wants to believe him.

VALENTINE: Good thing you know how to stop all this.

MOLAY: Hey man, I know you don’t believe me, but I’m telling you the truth. The Old Ones, the eldritch things, they’re real. Look around, we’ve got a world overrun with zombies. What turned off the electricity?

VALENTINE: I don’t give a shit.

MOLAY: Then why are you out here? You’ve been running around the woods for days with no protection and an empty rifle.

VALENTINE: I’ve done what I had to do to survive. Don’t you call me soft.

MOLAY: I didn’t call you soft...

OS CHLOE ISIS screams. VALENTINE draws his machete.

MOLAY puts his hand on his sword.

CHLOE ISIS backs into the kitchen with her hands raised.

Three TRIANGLES enter pointing shotguns. They wear biker leather and have long beards. They are TIP, RANGO, and DUKE.

TIP: Looks like quite the little picnic. Got anything for me?

RANGO and DUKE laugh.

RANGO: No fucking shit! Isn’t that Blythe’s buddy?

DUKE: Ha! The sissy with the sword!

MOLAY: Put the shotguns down and I’ll show you a sissy.

TIP: Like that, wouldn’t you?

RANGO: Well fuck, Tip, maybe he can tell us where Drake’s bike went to.

TIP: I’m going to stomp his fucking head in, that’s what I’m going to do.

TIP slugs MOLAY in the jaw, knocking him down.

CHLOE ISIS screams. DUKE points a shotgun in VALENTINE’s face.

VALENTINE: Leave us alone!

DUKE: Or what? What are you going to do? Sword-boy is on the ground, and you just got that little chopper that ain’t even getting through my jacket. Not with you swinging at least!

VALENTINE: I killed Remmy Cooley with this machete. You know him? I killed his brother too. Hacked them both to pieces.

TIP: Bull shit. Little fucker ain’t getting close to Remmy Cooley. That redneck is mean!

MOLAY: It’s true. Cooleys been attacked. Zombies knocked down their wall.

VALENTINE: Those Cooleys will want me.

MOLAY: You’ll have to take us.

Faster than anyone can process, MOLAY leaps on the counter, draws his sword, jumps the grill and plunges the blade into DUKE’s stomach.

TIP tries to shoot, but MOLAY turns the corpse to take the fire and then shoves Duke into TIP.

MOLAY: Run! Back door!

Continued tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment