Thursday, October 29, 2015

Two Winters Past


Scene 45

EXT. FRONT YARD. SUNSHINE.

SCAR tumbles forward down stairs and lands on his shoulder. He screams with the crunch of broken bone.

HELLER tries to get up, but TERROR grabs the back of HELLER’s shirt and throws him into the yard.

ZACH runs in from cover to train a gun on HELLER.

SCAR does a pushup to rise.

TERROR picks up a rusty pickaxe. He is swinging overhand as he charges at SCAR.

Closeup: SCAR. Tine of the pickaxe slams through the back of SCAR's head, exiting through his eye, and smashing apart his skull, burying the point in the dirt. and chops it into SCAR’s skull hard enough to bury the point in the dirt.

HELLER: Holy fuck!

ZACH: I knew you was full a shit. Terror been following you all day.

HELLER: I was serious about the Muslims. Turner wants terms. We can still work together...

ZACH shoots HELLER in the face.

ZACH: No.

COLE watches ZACH, who stares at HELLER. A bird sings in the background. ZACH looks at COLE. Deep music starts. 

Closeup of ZACH. 

Closeup of COLE. COLE swallows.

ZACH: Good thing Terror was out here.

COLE: You were supposed to be with my brother.

TERROR: We saw Turner’s spy, Remmy sent me back.

COLE: What about the Lembeks.

TERROR: I wasn’t there. I heard Jimmy coming, but steered clear.

ZACH: Popper figured things out. I told you he would. Somehow he warned Turner.

COLE: We need to get back to the compound.

ZACH: Terror, you go on ahead, make sure its clear. We’ll catch up. I want to check these bodies for clues.

TERROR nods, exits. COLE watches ZACH, who kneels by Heller, rifles through his pockets. Deep bass music. 

Slow pan around ZACH to place COLE in background. ZACH notices COLE watching. ZACH is looking away from camera as he talks.

ZACH: Good of Terror to show up when he did.

Closeup of COLE.

COLE: It was.

Atonal note. Wide shot of ZACH and COLE.

ZACH: He’s a good man.

Closeup of COLE. He hesitates.

COLE: He is.

Closeup of ZACH.

ZACH: Very loyal to your father.

Wide shot of ZACH and COLE.

COLE: Always been. Since before the end of the world.

ZACH: Dumb though.

ZACH shakes his head.

ZACH: If you tried to tell him what I did, I could shoot him in the face before he understood. Then I’d have to shoot you. I think we both best not mentioning that fracas back there again. My prince?

FADE TO BLACK

END EPISODE 2

ROLL CREDITS






No comments:

Post a Comment