Sunday, September 17, 2017

Poetry Is Stupid




"Lackluster"

I think you’ve let the shine go to your head, little girl
Let the iron sulphide spectacle of my desire overwhelm you, little girl
Because I’ve already grown bored with this game
Just like I’ve been trying to tell you for quite some time,
But you were so caught up in
Playing “hard to get”
That you didn’t see me lose interest in the prize
I’ve been trying to explain
For the better part of my life
In exasperated pleas for you to just go away
That this kind of reindeer game
Makes me ill

And shame on me, I let you fool me twice
But I’ll be a damned god,
Another fallen archangel, clipped wings
Falling so beautifully, gracefully,
If I let you do it again
Because, darling, this heart isn’t made of stone
but the armor around it is
So pick up the pieces of my shattered breastplate,
And I’ll assure you that I didn’t let it break the skin
And then, you can either stay or leave
Because neither will effect me much anymore
And I can watch in quiet amusement
As you prick yourself on the thorns of your own childishness
Which I first thought was,
Awwww,
So cute little girl,
But then I saw your life is a heartbreak, little girl
Spent on the wings of another catastrophe
Another sad song sung by a leprose heart
I tell you this little girl,
Just look in these black eyes, and see the soul they contain


“Persephone’s Journey”

You are like the ice
That covers the pond in winter
Cool and beautiful,
Multifaceted and fragile
Every time I touch you,
I’m afraid you will melt
Still, you support my weight
Like a bed of rose marble
Revealed beneath the receding snow
A timeless and uncorrupt vision of the past and future
Regaled by the birdsong in the birth of the year
The sun hangs above,
Warm and soft like sleep
Shining on a thick field
It’s delicate blades of grass
Basking in the life-giving rays
A gentle wind blows across the meadow
Rustling the orange and brown leaves in the forest
And whispers in your voice,
Words warm and reassuring to this somber heart


“Attached”

Too attached?
Too attached, you say?
Too attached, like these hands
Cut ‘em off with hot knives
Cauterize ‘em
And they will never be able
To reach for you again
Which is what I had
Originally planned
But you had to go and offer
And get my hopes up
Only to dash them on rocks
How can you blame me for
Feeling this way
When you sowed the seeds
In my head
Seeds I would never have let germinate
Had you not poured the water
Which you immediately deemed
Wrong
And didn’t want to change
But it was too late for me
Already fucking
Choked as those seeds
Sprouted and grew
Into something
I find
Ugly and foul
Because it only brings me grief
But now
I’m stuck with it anyway
Those pathetic sleepless nights
That I had resigned myself
That you would never give me
But here I am
With the sun soon to rise
And I scribble madly
Because I’m too fucking attached...



No comments:

Post a Comment