Thursday, September 14, 2017

Two Winters Past




EXT. HIGHWAY. EVENING

There is just enough light to see the line of rolling hills in the distance. CHLOE ISIS, VALENTINE, and MOLAY stand before a green sign reads WHITNEY POINT: 1 MILE

CHLOE ISIS: It’s about time.

MOLAY: It’s almost twenty miles from here to Parlor City.

VALENTINE: There’s got to be a good house we can sleep at in the town.

CHLOE ISIS: I would give anything to sleep in a real bed.

VALENTINE: We don’t want those zombies catching up to us.

MOLAY: That horde was too big to move fast. They will stay in the valleys that lead to Parlor City.

CHLOE ISIS: How did you become one of those priests, Jack?

MOLAY: Oh, you know. If you show interest, the right people find you.

VALENTINE: Where did they find you?

MOLAY: Comic shop, actually. I know, sounds too good to be true, but I guess they were looking for a type. I had some training in the past, and I was asking the questions they wanted to hear.

VALENTINE: So you knew the world was about to end?

MOLAY: I didn’t KNOW anything, and who would have believed me if I told them? Instead, I studied ways to stop this when it started.

VALENTINE: The Long Chant.

MOLAY: Yes.

CHLOE ISIS: (to VALENTINE) Will you stop? (to MOLAY) He doesn’t believe you.

VALENTINE: It’s from a Science Fiction story, Chloe!

CHLOE ISIS: All of this is from a Science Fiction story. Zombies that transform into tentacle monsters? I don’t know about you, but I don’t know where to suspend disbelief anymore.

VALENTINE: As long as the sword stays sharp, you’re welcome to stay with us, but I won’t believe the Long Chant crap until I see it come true.

Continued tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment