Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 20th, Episode 3



Persons of the drama:

Sarah
Terry
Dwayne
Episode 3

TERRY
Come on, Dwayne, now that’s wicked stupid.  There won’t be enough room.  [To SARAH] So whaddaya think?  What else?

SARAH
More red and black, definitely.

DWAYNE
            [To SARAH]
Hey, you look familiar.  Did we go to school together?

SARAH
I don’t know, did we?  What school?

DWAYNE
High school, John Adams.

SARAH
            [BEAT as SARAH moves in and studies DWAYNE’S face]
Hmmmm . . . you don’t ring a bell.  What’s your name?

DWAYNE
Dwayne Mipple.

SARAH
Did you say Nipple?

DWAYNE
No, MIPPLE, with an M.

SARAH
Oh, right.  [Shaking her head no]  Sorry.  When did you graduate?

DWAYNE
I didn’t.  I’m working on my GED.

SARAH
            [Surprised]
You dropped out?  Wow, I’ve never met someone who left school.  Why’d you leave?

DWAYNE
I’ll tell you why: too many Jews and blacks. The place was infested, right Terry?

TERRY
Dwayne, we don’t have time for no reunion. [To SARAH] Does your stuff have bar codes?

DWAYNE
GOOD question.

SARAH
Now regarding the plates, cups, utensils, how many guests are you expecting, you know, to purchase the right amount?

TERRY
Wait a second!  You didn’t answer my question.  See, our mother was a computer technician—

DWAYNE
She’s deceased now, lung cancer.

TERRY
And she told us the computer numbers in bar codes add up to 666.  We don’t want stuff with bar codes.

DWAYNE
666 is the number of The Beast, Satan.

TERRY
And it’s allll in the Bible.  You can look it up.

SARAH
Well, yes, everything here has bar codes.  They track sales and inventory.  And I’m not surprised they add up to 666. The devil is in the details, as they say, and believe me, sales and inventory generate A LOT of details!  So your mother was probably right.  Now, tell me more.  You mentioned a hall . . . .

TERRY
NO flippin’ barcodes!

Episode 4

No comments:

Post a Comment