Sunday, April 20, 2014

April 20th, Episode 4


Persons of the drama:

Sarah
Terry
Dwayne
Episode 4

SARAH
Nooooo problem.  I won’t scan your items.  I’ll ring them up manually, the old fashioned way.  We’ll short-circuit The Beast!

BEAT as TERRY and DWAYNE look at one another, briefly, then nod in agreement.

DWAYNE
Yeah, okay.

TERRY
I guess that’ll work.

SARAH
So where’s the fun?

TERRY
Huh?

SARAH
Where’s the party?

DWAYNE
At the Polish-American Club on Prospect.

SARAH
Oh, dear.  Are you sure you want to invite your Nazi friends there?  I mean, it might be a little, you know, embarrassing . . . . 

TERRY
            [With concern]
Whaddaya mean?

DWAYNE
            [With equal concern]
Yeah, whaddaya mean?

SARAH
That place was ten feet under water in the flood.  It’s . . . infested with harmful bacteria, black mold, and who knows what else.

DWAYNE
            [To TERRY]
I knew their price was too good to be true.  No wonder we got it dirt cheap!

TERRY
They didn’t say nothing ‘bout no flood!  And it’s too late now.  We’ve already paid; we won’t find another place in time.

SARAH
Maybe if you dim the lights the water stains will go unseen.  And I hope the place doesn’t smell, you know, that disgusting mildew odor.  That’d kill my appetite.  Now tell me about the band.

TERRY
The band?

DWAYNE
What band?

SARAH
You didn’t hire musicians?  Oh, dear.  What’s a Nazi shindig without a small brass band, belting out the Fuhrer’s favorite tunes?  I’m surprised you boys overlooked that important detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment