Friday, September 19, 2014

Man-In-Sea



Scene 8

MARION
The Tringa is having trouble anchoring. The divers are ready as soon as the ship is stable.

ED
I found a place he couldn’t bother me.

MARION
Ed, you’re not making sense.

ED
Clayton said that the day of the first Man-In-Sea dive.

MARION
He didn’t mean it. We all knew how important that was.

ED
Clay?

MARION
...What’s wrong?

ED
Clayton? Can you hear me?

MARION
Ed?

ED
Clayton! Talk to me!

CLAY
It’s real cold down here, Dad.

ED
You’re doing real good. The Navy divers will be coming down to you soon.

CLAY
I’m ready to come up.

ED
How is Al doing?

CLAY
We’re both real cold and tired, Dad.

ED
It won’t be much longer now, don’t worry.

CLAY
You haven’t told my wife yet, have you?

MARION
Maureen is on her way. A Navy helicopter picked her up an hour ago.

CLAY
Please don’t tell her, Dad. I don’t want her to worry.

ED
We haven’t gotten through to her yet.

CLAY
Just wait until we’re up. I’ll call her then.

ED
All right. I’m going up to see if there's anything I can do to help the Tringa, okay?

CLAY
Sure thing, Dad. Tell them to hurry.

ED
I will, don’t worry. We should go above deck, Marion. 

Man-In-Sea


Cast of Characters:

LINK

An inventor. Also, Ed’s father.

ED
As Link remembers himself himself.

MARION
Ed’s wife.

CLAY

Ed and Marion’s second son.

No comments:

Post a Comment