Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Black Orb


SCENE TWO

ROLAND sits in the back pew of a church, listening to the sermon.  He has a carrying case. STELLA enters carrying a cup of coffee.  She sits in the same pew.  ROLAND stares at her.  He moves away from her.  He stares forward.


STELLA
I don’t smell, and I’m not carrying any diseases you’ll ever have the pleasure of catching.
.
.
.
The back row, it’s for the bad kids.  You think you’re bad?
.
Oh, I get it, moody.
.
.
.
Spoooky, booo… Spookarific…

What’s the matter, no community spirit?  Church is all about community, I hear.

Never been to this one.  Seems nice.  It’s got a real ‘built in the ‘60s’ look to it.  All those curves, the abstract stained glass.  Do you like this church?  Is this ‘your’ church?   People say that they are going to ‘their’ church, but it’s not like they own it.
.
.
.
.
(Son of a bitch.  I’d pay to taste your blood.)  I came in because of the free A.C.  There’s nothing quite like waking up in an alley to find the mercury has already topped 85 degrees.

I like the décor.  Crucifixions galore.  Man, that’s sexy.  I can see why people come here.


Is that why you’re here?  Like a little blood, a little Ess and Emm.  You look like a pervert.  A sicko.  You probably beat off to Passion Plays.
.
.
.
.
.
You’ve got some nerve.  Ignoring me.  Who do you think you are, huh?  You dumb shit.  I’m somebody, I’m a fucking star in the underground.  People want to be me.  Who are you?  Who the fuck are you? (STELLA begins to gather her things to leave)  Goddamned inconsiderate trying to make conversation ignore me ME you prick shit you fuck.  That’s it, I’ve had it, I’ve had it.

ROLAND reaches over, snatches her coffee from her, and downs it.

ROLAND
Your coffee is done.  I’ll take you out for some.


No comments:

Post a Comment