Friday, March 12, 2010


Scene 1

Set: Beatrice’s Living Room.

BEATRICE is sitting on the couch. There is a knock at the front door.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE

Come in!

JANESSA enters.

JANESSA
Man, I was wondering when you’d be getting home.

BEATRICE
I've been out job-hunting all day. There is nothing!

JANESSA

What did Dr. Nutzo say when you quit?

BEATRICE

I just stopped going. He left a message saying he'd send my last paycheck to the agency.

JANESSA
Well, that’s what you get for working through a temp agency, I guess.

BEATRICE
My funds are already running pretty dry. If I don't find something soon, I'll have to go back.

JANESSA
He's not going to take you back! Not after you stop showing up. My friend says this place downtown is hiring. It's sweet, she goes in blazed every day!

BEATRICE
Sign me up. Come on, let's celebrate with a latte.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment