Monday, February 15, 2010


Scene 4

Set: A modest living room, quaint and very 1950's in appearance.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE enters, talking on a cell phone.

BEATRICE
Yeah, Jan, this guy is whacked! He spends every minute worrying and re-figuring the exact doses by weight that will not put these bullfrogs in a coma. All week I've heard nothing but jabber about protomotions and feelings of community among amphibians. This is not what I signed up for.

There is a knock on the door.

BEATRICE
That you? (pause) Okay.

Beatrice closes the phone and opens the door. JANESSA enters with her cell phone still in her hand.

JENESSA
Who gives a crap if a frog gets depressed?

BEATRICE
You got me, but this guy sure seems serious about finding out.

JENESSA

That’s just creepy. What if he’s one’a them serial killers? Like the ones on TV.

BEATRICE
I don't know, but I should see if there's some kind of animal cruelty going on here. I’m going to stop by the agency tomorrow morning and see if they have anything else I can do. This guy is a freak, believe me, I don't want to work for him any longer than I have to. Come on, let’s go.

They exit.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment