Monday, October 16, 2017

Two Winters Past




INT. QUARANTINE ROOM. NIGHT.

Bed has been fixed, KAY sits upon it. She is slightly relaxed, but pulls herself into a ball when BLYTHE enters.

BLYTHE looks at an empty plate of beans on the table.

BLYTHE: You ate. That’s good.

BLYTHE sits.

BLYTHE: Are you feeling better?

KAY does not respond.

BLYTHE: The Doctor said you let him look you over? He’s a good man, isn’t he?

KAY: He took blood.

BLYTHE: Yeah… he told me.

KAY: I want to leave here. I don’t want to stay.

BLYTHE: You will, don’t worry.

KAY: Now. I want to leave now.

BLYTHE: I can’t let you go now. It’s dark. It’s cold. You’ll die of exposure before dawn.

KAY: Or I die here with you psychos.

BLYTHE: Come on, Kay, we’re friends. You trusted me to come here, why don’t you trust me now?

KAY: You never said I would be your prisoner. You said life would be better.

BLYTHE: It is better…

KAY: Then why won’t you let me out? The doctor said I could go when he knew I wasn’t infected. He said he would know by the blood. He knew about the worm!

BLYTHE: He told me about the worm.

KAY: Vic had a worm! It was huge! Miranda pulled it out of his head, and it wiggled! I saw it wiggle before she stepped on it!

KAY grow wild, screaming and pounding the cot. BLYTHE attempts to comfort her.

BLYTHE: Hey! Hey now, be here with me. Right here with me.

KAY: Why hasn’t he let me go?

BLYTHE: When Sprague looked at your blood, he found worms. He found a lot of worms.

KAY begins crying.

BLYTHE: The worms were all dead though. All of them. He says he can’t find any living worms, like your body is killing them! He says with as many worms as he saw, you should have turned into a ripper a long time ago. For some reason, your body is killing the worms.

KAY: Why?

BLYTHE: Sprague doesn’t know, but he wants you to help him.

KAY: (suspicious) He wants to study me?

BLYTHE: Kay, if you’re immune, this is important.

KAY: No. No, I want to go. I want to go now. Let me go now!

BLYTHE: Kay, come on, you can’t go now. Stay until morning. You can’t go now, it’s not safe in the dark.

Continued tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment