Sunday, April 18, 2010


Scene 3

Set: Beatrice’s living room.

BEATRICE enters.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE
What was that...? Hello...?

She looks out the window to the right of the door.

BEATRICE
I guess it was nothing.

She starts to exit. There is a knock at the door. BEATRICE opens it hesitantly. JANESSA enters.

JANESSA
What’s wrong with you?

BEATRICE
I asked if there was someone there. Why didn’t you answer?

JANESSA
Stop being a freak.

BEATRICE
The Temp Agency said that Doctor was calling for me.

JANESSA
He wants to give you more happy pills?

BEATRICE
No, he wanted to know my new address.

JANESSA
Did they give it to him?

BEATRICE
Are you kidding, the lady wouldn't even take my new phone number. I’ve just been kinda freaked out, that’s all. I'm going to bed, all right? Call me tomorrow.

JANESSA
Sure thing, chicky.


They both exit.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment