Saturday, April 17, 2010


Scene 2

Set: Temporary agency

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE enters, looks around. She waits... waits... BEATRICE rings bell on the desk. RECEPTIONIST enters, gives Beatrice a dirty look and sits down.

RECEPTIONIST
Have a little patience, will you?

BEATRICE
Um... I’m Beatrice Catts. (Pause) You called me. You said it was urgent I came down here.

RECEPTIONIST
Oh yeah! Beatrice Catts! We was just wondering what happened with that Dr. Dendrobates.

BEATRICE
I haven't worked for him in weeks. Remember? He let me go.

RECEPTIONIST
He’s been calling here all morning, demanding your new contact information. He got pretty mouthy when I told him we don’t like givin’ that information out to customers. We was wondering what you did that pissed him off so bad.

BEATRICE
What did he say?

RECEPTIONIST
Oh, nothing really. Just kinda swore and snarled. Thought you’d might like to know, in case you want to tell the cops, or something.

BEATRICE
You think I should tell the police?

RECEPTIONIST
It's not my job to make those decisions for you, Miss Cat.

BEATRICE
Catts. Have there been any new openings?

RECEPTIONIST
I'm afraid you must wait to be notified when we have a position that fits your qualifications.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment