Friday, April 16, 2010


Scene 1

Set: Beatrice’s living room.

LIGHTS UP

BEATRICE enters and throws herself against the door.

BEATRICE
Oh my god! What am I going to do?

Her cell phone rings. BEATRICE answers.

BEATRICE (cont)
Hello? Oh, hey, Jan, what’s up? Oh yeah? No, I’m probably going to stay in tonight... No... No, I can’t really get that for you any more. Yeah... Yeah, he hates me... No, he ain’t going to give it back. No, you don't need to find me anything else. All right, bye.

BEATRICE puts the phone in her purse. She holds her breath a moment and sighs. The cell phone rings again.

BEATRICE (cont)
Because he hates me. I really screwed up. Oh crap. No, he ain’t ever giving me my job back. He caught me, all right? I’ll see you in a couple minutes.

BEATRICE hangs up the phone. There is a knock at the door

BEATRICE
(yells)
Hold on!

BEATRICE opens the door. JANESSA enters.

JANESSA
Dude, what took you so long? You knew I was coming.

BEATRICE
Look, let’s get out of here.

LIGHTS DOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment